Guidelines for Safe Beach Enjoyment in Puerto Vallarta
The Puerto Vallarta coasts are spectacular and now that the health contingency allows visiting them again, the municipal government has released the following guidelines to enjoy a visit to the beach safely.
- First of all, if you have symptoms such as fever, dry cough, flu and tiredness, please #StayHome.
- Take a shower before you get the beach and when you get to the beach.
- To avoid a high concentration of people at the beaches, there will be a green flag when access is free and a red flag when access to the beach is no longer possible.
Plan your visit to the Puerto Vallarta beaches accordingly to taking care the personal hygiene regulations:
- Maintain at least 5 meters distance between one group and the next, both on the beach and in the sea.
- Use one towel per person.
- Wear a clean bathing suit and accessories.
- Maintain hand hygiene (bring antibacterial gel with you for frequent use) and avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- When you get in to the beach and go from the beach you should wear a face mask (you can take if off once you are in the space at the beach that you are planning to use).
- The groups should be a maximum of 8 people, preferably the same family.
- If you rent chairs, lounge chairs or umbrellas, expect in request that these are sanitized in your presence before they are used.
- Do not share objects with other groups that are on the beach, such as floats, balls, toys, etc.
- Stay less than 4 hours on the beach to avoid crowds.
- If you need to use public facilities, you should wear your face mask and use antibacterial gel on your hands when you are going in and going out.
- Use bags to safeguard your trash. Make sure you close them properly and deposit them in the trash cans on the beach or take them with you.
- Have a responsible attitude, cooperating by following the protection guidelines to look after of your health and that of other people.