Places and Experiences that Make Old Town Vallarta So Special
Old Town Vallarta starts at the beginning of the Malecon with its famous boardwalk peppered with sculptures and art expression, bars, restaurants, shops and cafes. It continues all the way downtown to the Main Square and kiosko where couples get together to move to the rhythm of danzón, Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, and Los Arcos Amphitheater. It crosses the Cuale River Island, with its cultural center, restaurants, and market; and extends all the way to the Romantic Zone, known for its small cafes, gastronomic offer, parks, and galleries.
Following, the Vallarta Lifestyles editorial team presents some places and experiences that make Old Town Vallarta so special, and that you must include during your next visit to this fascinating place:
- Walk along Basilio Badillo Street, where you can find exclusive art galleries, boutiques, jewelry stores and restaurants.
- Visit the Cuale River Island. During the day visit the Cultural Center and have a snack at one of the restaurants by the riverbank with its lush vegetation. By night you can enjoy a romantic dinner in the gourmet restaurants and a lovely walk through its small streets.
- Hang out at the Lázaro Cárdenas Park, also known as the Tile Park due to the intervention of artist Natasha Moraga.
- Wander along the streets surrounding Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish.
- Spend your day with sun, sand, and sea at the famous Los Muertos Beach.
- Enjoy the ocean breeze in one of the benches at Los Muertos Pier.
- Visit the Romantic Zone by night to learn more about the town’s gastronomy in the multiple stands with tacos and Mexican delights.
- Go bar hopping and enjoy the different settings, whether on a street or by the sea.