First Chef Week in Casa Velas
On Monday February 3rd of 2020, restaurant Emiliano at Casa Velas (Pelícanos 311, Marina Vallarta), held the Diner Inauguration for the first edition of Chef Week, where attendants could enjoy a special menu created by Ricardo de la Vega, executive chef of the gourmet restaurant Frida at Grand Velas Riviera Maya.
This menu stood out for the fusion of different ingredients such as corn with tuna, seafood carnitas, and/or ax callus with chilpachole, bringing as a result unique and exquisite flavors.
Among the tasting options where:
· Tuna tlayuda with dried meat, charales, and chapulín alioli.
· Tamal of seafood carnitas with morita chile and marrow sauce.
· Ax callus to pan, crab meat and chilpachole.
· Poblano chile soup, corn and tlales.
· Catch of the day and Valladolid sausage with mushrooms butter.
· Pork belly in green mole with mashed cauliflower, truffles and pickled beetroot.
· Buñuelo stuffed with requesón and mole, banana sweet and ice cream.
The main purpose of Chef Week is to honor the Mexican cuisine through events that are scheduled to be celebrated monthly, where residents and visitors will be able to enjoy the twist of the most representative flavors of Mexico with a special menu, that will be created by the different executive chefs that are part of Velas Resorts.
For more information about future editions of Chef Week, call (322) 226-8670.