Puerto Vallarta Hotel Occupancy Increases to 80%
Thanks to the low rates of positivity and hospitalization for COVID-19, the adjustment to the “Jalisco Against Pandemic 2021” plan was recently announced, which provides favorable expectations for the summer season in our destination.
The following regulations were announced by the Board of Health:
- Puerto Vallarta hotels increase their capacity to a maximum of 80%, having an increase of 14%.
- The restaurants will be able to operate up to 75% of their capacity, increasing their operation by one hour (until 1:00am) and having the permission to seat eight people per table as a limit.
- Bars and clubs will work with 40% of their capacity and increase their operation by one hour (until 4:00 am).
- Cultural spaces (cinemas, theaters, forums, museums, galleries, workshops, etc.) increase their capacity to 75%. This same percentage applies to shopping centers. Casinos go up to 60%.
- Events such as weddings and special celebrations increase their occupancy to 300 people in closed spaces (one person for every four square meters) and 600 people in open spaces (one person for every 2.5 square meters), increasing to six hours of operation.
- Convention centers may operate with up to 3,000 people simultaneously if the space is greater than 10,000 square meters (the limit will be 6,000 people per day).
- Religious activities increase their capacity to 75 percent.
Sanitary protocols will continue to be applied strictly, since they are the basis for safeguarding the health of both residents and visitors.